Thursday 10 May 2012

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Available @ Selfridges £29.50

As I mentioned in my previous post I absolutely ADORE NARS! I had been umming and ahhing over purchasing a foundation from them for almost 2 years and finally in Selfridges the other week I took the completely impulsive plunge! My friend I was with actually ended up purchasing it after seeing it being applied to my skin the lady at the counter. I purchased shade Santa Fe for when I have tan on as I've heard Sheer Glow is exceptionally gorgeous on tanned skin!

The first thing to note is that the foundation does not come with a pump which is annoying to some people but I however do not mind! Just a heads up though you can purchase the pumps in John Lewis as I was offered one in the Oxford Street store. The shade is perfect when I have tan on (I like to use St Tropez Bronzing Mousse) it's such a lovely tan colour. The foundation glides onto the skin effortlessly and almost melts it's way down onto the skin it really is truly gorgeous to apply. The finish is beautiful it's not "dewy" it's just glowy, kind of like that "lit from within" look but still a bit matte!  You don't need too much product I've found that a tiny amount really does cover well. 

The coverage is a good medium I'd say. You could probably easily get it to full but I really love medium coverage and find thats just enough for me! You can probably see that so far I was really digging this foundation, it was truly ticking all the boxes! The ultimate test was how long it would last. A foundation will DEFINITELY not make it as an everyday staple if the lasting power is not good. I as always applied my Laura Mercier foundation primer underneath which may have helped with the longevity of this foundation. However I can happily say it lasted all day on my skin! It did wear a little in places but very nicely and didn't look patchy or awful just still gorgeous on the skin. 

I do apologize for this crazily long post but I am a bit of a foundation geek so when I get into one about one I REALLY get into one. I would highly recommend the NARS Sheer Glow foundation it has crept it's way up to being one of my all time favorites. For reference my skin is combination-oily so this may work for me but depending on your skin type it may not be brilliant for you! I'd definitely say pick up a sample though because it's always worth giving ago especially at such a high price tag!

Hope you've enjoyed this post!
Caterina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment