Tuesday 20 December 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation £25.00 @ Illamasqua

I lusted after this foundation when I first saw it applied on the skin at my MUSE London course. I was lucky enough to be given a sample prior to it's release and I really enjoyed using it. Then came the (rather tragic) day when the sample ran out. I kind of forgot about it until some of my favorite bloggers started talking it up.


I popped over to a counter at Selfridges a few weeks ago and got matched up with shade no.5 which is absolutely bang on my skin tone! No.5 has a warm pink undertone to it so it's fabulous with my pinky toned skin. The first thing I noticed when applying this foundation is how much it looks like silk on the skin, the finish is really something special. It's not completely matte but would be great for those slightly more oily skinned ones, like me! I would say it's semi matte with a bit of a silky glow. I do wear primer or mattifying moisturizer underneath like I do with all my foundations which may help with it's staying power. I work 9-5 Monday-Friday so I like to have a really good lasting foundation and this does the trick perfectly! It doesn't seem to budge too much, I will admit I do get a bit of shine to the ol' T-Zone area but nothing crazily greasy! The coverage of the foundation is definitely on the fuller side, it covers any imperfections I may have so nicely that I don't feel I need concealer (apart from under my eyes) when I use this, which is a real winner for me.

I am aware it is more on the pricey side but I do think its worth it. I would like to mention how much I love the design of the tube, it really does give you the control to dispense the perfect amount of the product without having "Oh see thats way too much" moments! Plus you need the tiniest bit of the product for your whole face, unless your going for mega full coverage. 

All in all I think it's worth every penny and I would re purchase. I must stress how much you NEED to get matched at a counter for this product, the shade range is mental and caters to every bodies tone whether it's neutral, pink or olive/red! So you may think your a shade 3 but you could in fact be 6! Always try before your buy, Illamasqua do really nice decent sample sizes that come in easily dispensable tubes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caterina! I have a question: the illamasqua "skin base foundation" is a foundation or a base that you use before the foundation?

    Sorry for the english,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete