Saturday 24 March 2012

MAC Clear Brow Set


Me and my eyebrows do not tend to get on very well. I'm far from a professional at plucking and shaping them, I always over pluck and I'm left with sparse misshaped brows. I do religiously fill them in everyday I feel it makes such a difference to the whole appearance of your make up (unless your lucky and blessed with naturally beautiful brows!). I do have crazy bush brows which get all misplaced throughout the day and generally just look a mess! So I resort to Brow Gel to keep them in place. About 8-10 months ago I purchased a brow gel from GOSH and really enjoyed using it but the longevity of the products was a little on the useless side and I would have to keep retouching, so I invested in a MAC one when it finally dried out.

The MAC Brow Sets come in tinted and clear, I was tempted to buy a tinted one for days when I'm being lazy but ideally I'd get the most use out of the clear. Effectively looks like a clear mascara but for the brows, but I've tried clear mascara to keep my brows in place and they just don't work on my beastly brows! You need one dip in the product to cover both brows with the perfect amount of product to keep them in place. I found the product to feel a little thicker in consistency compared to the GOSH one and immediately noticed my brows looked a lot more defined and neat. By the end of the day the product had kept my brows in pretty nifty shape! The hairs weren't all over the place and my brow powder had stayed in tact! I was highly impressed.

If you do have brows that have a mind of their own I really do think it's worth investing in a nice brow set, when you first get into brows it really doesn't seem necessary but if you want to keep them neat all day I really do think they work! I really do rate the MAC brow set and would repurchase, I've heard great reviews about the Illamasqua one so maybe that will be next on my list!

Lots of love,
Caterina xo

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I really think I need to invest in this brow gel, I'm currently using a MUA one that cost £1 and it really isn't doing the job, I'm definitely going to pick this up :)

    ReplyDelete